The maxi skirt is the one-woman-wonder of skirts…They are my perfect go-to on a warm day where tights and leggings would be an awful & sweltering idea. They cover my legs, provide a cool breeze, suit my shape & frame, yet still look quite glamorous & effortless,Flattering and fashion forward, comfortable and chic.It’s one hemline that’s hard not to love. But there are some things to keep in mind when wearing longer lengths.To make your maxi look effortless,proper proportions are crucial. Take note of these tips to wear your maxi like pro.
A few tips & hints:
- If you are short, wear a maxi skirt at your waist, rather than your hips, it elongates the legs making you appear much taller, as well as shortening the length slightly.
- If you are on the shorter side, and anything "maxi" is just too long or you can't be bothered with adjusting the length yourself, then count yourself lucky that you can wear some killer wedges with it. You appear taller, feel more elegant, and nobody will ever know ;)
- If you are taller and find maxi skirts impossible to fit you length-wise , try going for a maxi skirt which is designed to be sat at the waist, and wear it on your hips. This way you are shortening the length and the appearance of your legs.
- You don't ONLY have to wear maxi skirts when it's hot, put on a pair of leggings or tights underneath for a bit of added warmth on those days where the sun is shining but there's still a slight chill. Nobody will ever know!
- As maxi skirts are so long, you can get away with wearing many different top variations and tucking them in. You could even wear a pretty dress or swimming costume underneath & all would be concealed.
- Cropped jackets & blazers look best with maxi skirts, as it helps to balance everything out. Opt for a cropped denim jacket for a more casual look.
Balance it out- Anyone can wear a maxi skirt (yes, even you petite ladies) as long as you’re mindful of the scale of the skirt. To avoid getting swallowed in fabric, try a tucked in top and a jacket to keep the proportions in check.
There really are no set rules around styling maxi skirts, tuck tops in, let tops hang out, wear flip flops, wear boots, wear leggings, wear at the waist, wear at the hips...you make the rules.I know that not everybody will feel the same love I do for a floor-length skirt but it's such an easy thing to dress up, or dress down, plus, you feel so elegant & feminine!
Thanks for stopping by xoxo Ndi'Kim.